Saturday, August 1, 2015

Mikado for Tea Time






Happy August Lovely Tea Friends and

Welcome to

"Mikado for Tea Time!"


Sweet Sis and I have been dividing up mom's precious treasured china.  


 I have inherited her four vintage Royal Crown Derby Mikado teacups, tea plates and the cream and sugar.  So for two posts in a row, I have featured blue and white china pretties. 


This elegant and rich cobalt blue and gold rimmed china is approximately  circa 1930.



















The blue and white teapot and antique chair were amongst my mother's prized possessions.










She also used to wear these pretty pale pink gloves to church.


I wanted to let you know how my dear mom is doing after her stroke last month and confinement now to a wheelchair.


My dad (whose birthday was August 3rd - Happy Birthday Dad! ) used to take pics of my mom in her eloquent church hats. He would love to tease her about  this one that resembled a flower bush.

My mother is slowly adjusting to her life in the wheel chair and has started eating again ~ pureed foods but at least she seems happier and is getting nourishment.  She is also drinking a lot of boost and ensure nutrition supplements. She thinks it's a milkshake.


My Auntie Doris, my Nana Helen, and my mother Jean in happier times. 

We are attending a family reunion in Kelowna this month and will be meeting many distant relatives on my grandmother's side. Everyone is supposed to bring photos and memorabilia from the past and hubby  found  my father's  slides to share to family there.  I also wanted you to see some flashes from my past.  1960s! Quite retro-ish!



(That's my sister Dianne on the far left, behind her friend Nadine, mom in middle and me on the right!)



(My cousin Maureen, me, cousin Pam and sis Dianne.)






Thank you for joining me today for a nostalgic

"Mikado for Tea Time!"



 I hope that you have a wonderful August Tea Friends! 



See you next week!

Karen




This week I will be joining these beautiful blogspots:


Bernideen's ~http://blog.bernideens.com/
Tea in the Garden
Beverly ~http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/
Pink Saturday
Cindy - http://www.dwellings-theheartofyourhome.com/
Amaze Me Mondays
Martha ~ http://www.marthasfavorites.com 
Tea on Tuesday
Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Sandi~http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.ca
 Teacup Tuesday


Hope to see you there!








16 comments:

  1. Looks like it is fit for royalty, everything beautiful. I adore the vintage photos, such cuties.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a beautiful tea set - your pictures are amazing.

    But, my oh my did I ever enjoy seeing your lovely Momma in her pretty hats - and the young pics of you and family. That is such a special thing. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I want to steal the dishes, chair and table!!!
    I know you will enjoy the family reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww I loved seeing the pictures, Karen! What treasures those are for sure. How nice that you and your sister are using some of your dear Mom's prized possessions and you'll love and care for them. I'm happy to hear that your mom is adjusting and is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the "retro" photos, Karen! Glad to hear that your mom is doing better.

    The Mikado tea set is beautiful. I saw the pretty Duchess teapot at a local thrift store last month and now I regret leaving it behind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad that your mother is adjusting and beginning to feel better. I know that she will be thrilled that you and your sister are sharing her lovely things and using them. The chair is exquisite and the blue china tea set is beautiful. You take the most gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great post Karen. I love everything, the gorgeous china, the beautiful chair and table, those gloves (lovely!!), and the old pictures. Your mom was very pretty, and you were a cutie-pie! I know you will treasure her china. I'm glad to hear she is feeling better. xo Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pictures are just lovely, Karen, and no doubt bring back a lot of wonderful memories. The pink and blue tea setting is so pretty. I love the antique chair and the china really is a treasure! I'm glad to hear your mom is doing better. It is an adjustment for her and everyone else who loves her, I know. Thank you for sharing with us and have a beautiful week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, what beautiful china you inherited! What a lovely treasure and your beautiful setting sets it all off so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, what beautiful china you inherited! What a lovely treasure and your beautiful setting sets it all off so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Karen: What a beautiful china set. I love the pictures of your parents. Please remember me in your prayers, I am having a very hard time. Thanks my friend. Hugs, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so enjoyed your darling photos. The one just looks like times past in the heart of the home - the kitchen. Your garden setting today is so sweet and all your pretty china. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely set. Thanks for sharing the family photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Karen, everything about this post is wonderful! The lovely setting, the way your pink flowers enhance and go so beautifully with your mother's chair, the pretty tea things, the sweet gloves, and those precious family photos. All such jewels and treasures. This type of post is among my favorite kind: connecting our lovelies with our loved ones to which they once belonged. I am glad your mother is doing better. Thank you for this great post! Blessings to you and yours, Bess

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful post! I have always loved tea and I really love everything in your photos. Heartwarming and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How lovely to have such beautiful memories you can hold in your hand. Mikado has always been a favorite, and I LOVE blue and white. You've made a perfect tea full of love and beauty! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete