Sunday, February 14, 2016

Happy Valentine's Day!




Happy Valentine's Day Dear Tea Friends!

I do hope you had a special time with family, friends or a sweetheart on Valentine's Day!





(This was on my computer this morning just before posting!  How Perfect!)



I don't have many teacups with red but I thought these two may be Valentine -ish!


The first is a Royal Sutherland pretty floral Made in England.


Love the swirls on this saucer!




The second is a Crownford Fine Bone China made in England with a deep red trim around the teacup trim, base and saucer.



A few weeks ago my kind  friend Dawn gifted me with this pretty Purple Shamrock Love plant in this dear Sadler pot.  I believe it is called an Oxalis.

http://www.ourhouseplants.com/plants/purple-shamrock


She had transplanted it from her larger plant and raised it just for me.  :)

Apparently it blooms purple flowers. Yay!

I was so happy and grateful with this
vintage pot because......


I have the matching Sadler basket weave teapot.



The smaller Country Roses teapot is also a Sadler.



I thought the roses were similar to those on the Royal Sutherland teacup.


Would you like a chocolate almond cookie?  They are baked locally and melt in your mouth with a hot cup of tea.   (Another gift  ~ from my daughter-in-law and the Chintz Royale Garden cake plate Made in England - a gift from sweet sis!)



I do hope you feel the love not only today but, all year!



See you next week!
Karen



This week I will be joining these beautiful blogspots:

Bernideen's ~http://blog.bernideens.com/
Bernideen's Tea Time Cottage and Garden Blog Party
Beverly ~http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/
Pink Saturday
Martha ~ http://www.marthasfavorites.com 
Tea on Tuesday
Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Sandi~http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.ca
No Place Like Home

Hope to see you there!


19 comments:

  1. Happy St. Valentine's Day, Karen!

    Your special roses tea time is just lovely.

    Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day Karen! Such a pretty collection of roses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day, Karen! Google's tea-themed graphics on Valentine's Day made me smile. Sadler is one of my favourite teapot makers so I enjoyed seeing your basketweave and Country Roses teapots which matched your roses teacups beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen!

      The pink teacup with the flowers inside and gold handle was by Taylor & Kent. It was an orphaned teacup that I rescued at a church garage sale and paired with a (mismatched) pink saucer.

      Delete
  4. Dear Karen:
    I think I have that same Sadler teapot - not 100% sure but think I do! I love your post today and in your comment you mentioned your kids not wanting any of your tea wares. I am totally there. One day there will be a big estate sale for sure after I am gone! These cups and saucers are really lovely and I always enjoy your treasures. I hope I can find young women who love mine that I can give some away too one day. I am not dead yet though and plan to enjoy! HA HA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a wonderful Valentines Day. I do love your variety of tea things you are showing us today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Valentine's Day post! I love all your teapots and teacups.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen, your china is all so pretty today and the reds on your teacups is perfect for Valentine's Day! I love how your shamrock plant came in the container that matches your Sadler teapot! What a very thoughtful friend you have! I love your Sadler teapots, especially the basketweave one! Thanks so much for sharing with us and have a lovely day, my friend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how I love the Royal Sutherland. The PINK just makes it.

    Charlotte Moore

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful dishes...love all the pinks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your teapots and teacups are perfect for S. Valentine' s day. They are such beautiful. Sweet wishes to you
    Hugs
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet Valentines tea! I love all your china especially your Crownford teacup and your basket weave teapot. Hope you had a wonderful Valentines day!
    Hugs,
    Nancy


    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet Valentines tea! I love all your china especially your Crownford teacup and your basket weave teapot. Hope you had a wonderful Valentines day!
    Hugs,
    Nancy


    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all your teacups, and teapots, Karen...perfect for Valentine's Day! You'll love the purple oxalis. I have some growing outside, along with the green variety.
    I'd sure love one of those cookies with a cuppa tea at your pretty table.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Karen,
    I love your post. It is interesting to see that you and I have many of the same pieces. I think I have shared one of your cups in my Valentine post too, and I have the exact same Sadler basketweave tea pot, and one very similar to your second tea pot. We must have very similar tastes!
    I hope you too, had a sweet love day : )
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Karen! So many beautiful roses--they are definitely perfect for Valentine's Day! What a lovely gift and so nice that it matches your pretty teapot. Have a great rest of the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have the same Royal Sutherland cup. so pretty - I love your post!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Check Happy Valentines Day 2018 with Images/ Pictures/ Wallpaper to know more about HAppy valentines days.

    ReplyDelete