Saturday, September 17, 2016

Treasures from My Travels



Welcome Sweet Tea Friends!!

It is just pouring outside today and so sadly our outdoor tea times may be over until next year.

  



Would you like to see my newest treasure finds on my travels the last couple of weeks?


The first is this Pope Gossen U.S.A. Rose Point teapot that  I found for $6.99 at Good Will.

  

I love the rose bud lid



and handle.


The pattern so resembles the roses in Royal Albert's American Beauty.


The teacup I found at The Value Village in Vernon, B.C.  Hubby and I have been doing some road trips recently!  Such fun.


It was $5.99.







Luckily I cut the pink and white roses before the rain started last night.  



Last week  we had a little escape to Victoria.  I wanted to share this vintage metal turquoise tray that I fell in love with. 


 Hubby thought it was over-priced at $14.95 but I knew the colours would match the cottage and I had never seen one like it.


  I also found this palest of pink Tuscan teacups for $3.00 at James Bay Thrift. 


Don't you love finding treasures?




The weather is perfect for cleaning or dusting my pretties and  and I must have a break from thrifting and buying treasures.  At least for a couple of days.  Lol. 





I hope the sun is shining in your part of the world!  
Blessings, 
Karen 


This week I will be joining these beautiful blogspots:

Bernideen's ~http://blog.bernideens.com/
Tea in the Garden

Beverly ~http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/
Pink Saturday

Martha ~ http://www.marthasfavorites.com 
Tea on Tuesday

Tuesday Cuppa Tea

Sandi~http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.ca
No Place Like Home

Hope to see you there!




14 comments:

  1. Hi Karen,
    Your teapot immediately reminded me of American Beauty because of the scrumptious roses. So pretty with the embossing on it. The teacup is pretty too. The tray I would also have brought home with me. We seem to like the same things and the same colours, don't we?
    We are having a nice sunny day but it will be our last for a while as we are going to get rain the next number of days. Drizzly Fall weather is on its way. Thanks for sharing with us your new treasures and enjoy your weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. che adorabile la tua casa!Amo i tuoi mobili bianchi, i pizzi e le rose!Bellissima la teiera con le tazze e il vassoio!E' bello vedere la pioggia che batte sui vetri!Buon autunno!Baci,Rosetta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh....how many romantic treasures! I love your newest china and the pillow is fairy. The sign is so true.
    HUgs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so pretty!! Thank the LORD we are getting a downpour right now. It has rained more today that in the last 2 months together. We needed it so badly.

    Charlotte Moore

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great score, Karen! I'm loving your pretty Rose point teapot and Royal Tuscan teacup. I've noticed that the thrift stores here have been raising their prices on vintage tea wares. The prices of the teacups usually start at $7.99. I think that I need to move to the west coast. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that Pope Gossen tea pot is gorgeous. It is very similar to the American Beauty. One of my favorite patterns. Your tea cups are lovely also.

    Love when I can spend a day at home admiring the rain. Beautiful.

    Happy autumn Karen.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen: I love that tea pot! Tea pots with rose bud lids are so hard to find, what a treasure! I am so glad you and hubby have been having a good time traveling. Wishing you a wonderful week. Hugs, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen you home is magnificent I too love bargains at the thrift stores it seems that is pretty much the only place I shop now.your tea pots and tea cups always look so beautiful.you have a wonderful eye for color and presentaion.Love Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love love your sweet teapot! I think my favorite teapots are vintage with roses! A lovely tea time and what a deal you always find!
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love love love your sweet teapot! I think my favorite teapots are vintage with roses! A lovely tea time and what a deal you always find!
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your table is so charming! Looks magical ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Karen:
    I loved seeing your rainy day and hope we have one soon! I just watered outside so rain is "free" water. Our lawn looks bad in spots. I love your new teapot. It is very lovely as is the whole dining area and your table and buffet look so pretty and light! After summer I plan to switch to "Friends Sharing Tea" like I used too! Thanks for sharing and linking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so loving your new teapot and cups the price couldn't have been better. The teapot is just beautiful.. I think the tray was a fair price for sure. They are higher than that.. Happy Fall dearest, with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmm… I read blogs on a similar topic, but i never visited your blog. I added it to favorites and i’ll be your constant reader. russian piping tips set

    ReplyDelete