Sunday, April 21, 2013

     










Treasure Hunting at the Cottage

This weekend my husband and I went out searching for treasures in Lynden and Bellingham, Washington.  Hubby loves antique Corgi toy cars and has quite a collection which I will feature in another post - for all of your interested hubbies.  Unfortunately we weren't able to find any Corgis on this outing but this is what we found.....

this dainty, cream coloured  wrought iron stand which I thought was for a plant but when I got it home I realized it is actually for a candle.

 It was $10.00 at a little Flea Market in Bellingham.

Don't you think it can work as a  plant stand?



At the same Flea Market, my husband bargained with the fellow and we got 6 place settings of this Johnson Brothers pattern for $50.00. I already had two teacups and so I was ecstatic!  I just love the white, embossed pattern around the rim as well as the scalloped edge!

 



Red tulips from the garden brighten the table setting. There are more in the garden but I was hesitant to cut them!
We found this adorable little shell and marble table  at a Thrift Shop called "Second Chance" located in Lynden, Washington.  I have found many collectibles there.  The table was $18.99.

I thought the table was so unique and although it isn't vintage, I just fell in love with it because it matches my beach theme at the Cottage!
 Don't you just love the pink seashells surrounding the marble chips?
I think it was an amazing find!

Do you think it will serve  as an indoor plant stand until summer comes and  I  move it outside?

Last but not least, hubby noticed this large china pot at a garage sale in Lynden too.  It was just $7.00.  Mr. Cottage has become such a treasure hunter too!
 

A view of the pot inside.

I think it is a little too cold to put the geraniums outside so I will enjoy them inside for a while!
 
  Sometimes you can search for treasures and find nothing at all.  This was a lucky weekend for me!

Thanks for visiting Treasure Hunting at the Cottage!
Karen




No comments:

Post a Comment