Friday, September 22, 2017

Good-bye Summer, Hello Fall!


Hello Tea Friends

I'm a little sad to say good-bye to summer. So blue transferware may suit my mood today.


The blue and white china I am sharing today is  my mismatched collection, consisting of Johnson Brothers, Ridgeway, Spode and Sadler pieces. It seems to blend together nicely.  





I love this Johnson Brothers shape of teapot.  ( I have it in red and white too). 



The roses continue to bloom! Yay! :)


It's a beautiful summer-ish day at the cottage and I also love being outdoors.


This is my collection of wee, treasured creamers.
I just can't pass one by while thrifting.







Today I sadly plan to put all of my wicker and garden furniture away.  After all, it is fall.


Sweet Sis found me this large teacup planter. 


A blue bird resides inside. 




I found this sweet Dutch girl and boy cream and sugar for $2.00 and later ordered the matching teapot from e-bay for $4.00.

Aren't their faces dear?


I actually had seen the set at an antique store in Ferndale for $120.00.


You can see the fall chinese lanterns blooming in the background so I must embrace fall.


Are you a little sad to say Good-bye Summer?


Thank you for stopping by!

Happy Fall to You All!


This week I plan to visit these beautiful blogspots:


Bernideen's ~ http://blog.bernideens.com/
Tea in the Garden
Beverly ~ http://howsweetthesound typepad.
Pink Saturday
Ruth ~ http://antiquesandteacups.info
Tuesday Cuppa Tea


Hope to see you there!




7 comments:

  1. Hi Karen!What a fantastic post!So so beautiful...Gorgeous blue and white porcelain,a lovely tea time in a pretty garden.Love your roses too!Thanks for sharing.Maristella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also bummed to see the end of summer (it's starting to get dark early already. Boo!), but do look forward to the cozy sweaters and teas. I've always found mismatched blue and white transferwares charming. I adore the huge lace teacup planter. Enjoy the first weekend of fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're still hanging onto summer here in East Texas with temps in the 90's. And our Fall is very short-lived. The leaves don't usually turn color until later in November. I LOVE all your blue and white pieces. That is my very favorite! I also have a weakness for little creamers, although mine are all decorated with flowers. They're just sooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my - those little darling Dutch boy and girl pieces are so precious. All your blue transferware looks so pretty outside under the lovely sky. I think you did a wonderful presentation. Thank you for sharing your "Tea In The Garden"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, I'd feel right at home at your house with all your blue and white china. Beautiful! No, I don't feel the least bit sad to be saying goodbye to summer! I love autumn and spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, Yes, I am sad to say good bye to summer. It has been very busy and I have missed it in some ways. Love the blue and white. Thanks for sharing. Have great week. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blue and white transferware is gorgeous. The girls are very sweet
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete