Sunday, July 20, 2014

A Memory Lane Tea Time


Welcome Teacup Lovers to:

"A Memory Lane Tea Time"


When I was just 16 years of age, my dear mother cleared out one of her kitchen cupboards and called it my hope chest. Every Sunday after church she, my sister and I  would go to the Flea Market at Queen's Park in New Westminster. 


And thus the addictive collecting and treasure hunting began!!!


I was very fond of blue at the time...  surprised? Not pink, you say?

And since it was such a pretty blue pattern, I started to collect Royal Albert's Memory Lane.


I found the teapot trivet in a little thrift store recently  for just $1.00  It was one of the few pieces missing from my collection.  It needed cleaning and came out beautifully!


I love the dainty pattern of forget-me-nots on the border of each piece. 


Well, it wasn't long before the kitchen cupboard  was full and mother would continue to buy me pieces  Memory Lane for birthday and Christmas presents.







Treasure hunting continues to be such an enjoyable past time for me. ... because of the happy memories of being together with my sweet mother and sister.





What are your earliest memories of collecting china?




Thank you for joining me today for

"A Memory Lane Tea Time"! 



Hope your week is memorable!

Karen


Every week I love to visit these wonderful  blogspots:



 Bernideen's ~http://blog.bernideens.com/
Friends Sharing Tea
Martha ~ http://www.marthasfavorites.com 
Tea on Tuesday
Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Sandi~http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.ca
Teatime Tuesday
Sherry ~ thecharmofhome.blogspot.ca
Home Sweet Home
   Terri~  http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com/ 
Teacup Tuesday

Beverly ~ http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/
Pink Saturday


Hope to see you there!

13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tradition your mother started for you. The china pieces you have shared today are so very pretty. You have quite a collection. Love all the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blue teatime, so romantic as usual. The teapot and and the tea cups are so beautiful. They are rich of sweet memories for you.
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love Memory Lane...I think I have a tea and toast set. And how nice to have such wonderful family memories attached. Your Hydrangeas are lovely!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Memory Lane is such a lovely pattern, Karen, and thank you for sharing the special memories of collecting the pattern. It's so delicate with the pretty forget-me-knots around the border. I wish I could join you for tea today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty pattern, Karen! I think forget- me- not's are one of my favorite flowers!It is such a blessing to have wonderful memories of being with our Mother's and sisters and to have the same interests as them. Beautiful tea time!
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors of your Hydrageas--and your tea looks just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ihr garten ist wunderschรถn, ich liebe auch ihre dekoration!!! alles liebe von angie aus deutschland

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a special memory. This pattern is very pretty, I haven't seen it before. Your tea table is beautiful, and so nice to enjoy it outdoors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is an enchanting pattern. It is perfect for a young lady, and a lady young at heart!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Karen: I love your blue china. Can't believe the teapot was only $1. What a great find. Hope you are doing well. Sending hugs, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty set. And what a find you had. I love hydrangeas too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful set and you have such great memories to go along with it! Love the lace covered blue tablecloth with Memory Lane and your pretty hydrangeas (I always love hydrangeas!). My first china set was given to me by my grandmother and actually had been my great grandmother's. It had a couple of chips and had been well loved, and I used it to have little parties as a child with my mom and dad as guests.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karen,

    Your RA china pattern is gorgeous. I don't have a lot of blue, and Forget-Me-Nots are so so sweet and delicate and lovely.

    I love your story and great memories of collecting. : - )

    ReplyDelete