Sunday, November 16, 2014

Transferware for Tea Time



Welcome Sweet Teacup Friends
to
Transferware for Tea Time

I hope that you don't think that I am a "copy cat"; but after seeing some beautiful transferware tea settings on my favourite blogging friends posts last week, I just had to take a few pics of my small collection.


I think you have seen the teapot and large pitcher that I got at Salvation Army.



 The pattern is Johnson Brother's 
"Friendly Village".  

 They were not a great deal but better than most prices on ebay..... 


at $24.99 each.


Sweet Sis gave me the tiny cream and sugar.


Aren't they dear?



Such pretty patterned handles.





The cottage seems to take much clearer and sharper pics than at home.  I am thinking that the sky light here gives more light and this may be why.  Perhaps you knowledgable photographers could let me know.


The African Violet is in bloom as are the outdoor mums which I have cut and brought inside for some colour. Do you miss your garden flowers too?





The teacups are shaped differently but are both 
Johnson Brother's Friendly Village.
.




Hubby and I found the taller cups at the Retro and Antique Fair at the Croatian Cultural Centre many months ago.   The saucerless cups were $2.00 each. Luckily I had some extra saucers.







I want to thank all of my blogging friends for your kind words and comments each week and also Thank You to those who just stop by to visit. 



 I do appreciate your friendship. 

Blogland is such a Friendly Village too!





Thank you for joining me today for 

Transferware for Tea Time!




See you next week!
Karen


I hope that you will also  join me at these beautiful blogspots:

Bernideen's ~http://blog.bernideens.com/
Friends Sharing Tea
Beverly ~http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/
Pink Saturday
Martha ~ http://www.marthasfavorites.com 
Tea on Tuesday
Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Sandi~http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.ca
Teatime Tuesday



13 comments:

  1. Dera Karen, your brown transferware is just gorgeous and very particular. Your tablescape is wonderful. I fell in love with the last picture...so lovely!
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, blog land is a FRIENDLY VILLAGE! Cute! Your dishes are lovely and that is such a classic and beloved pattern. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen,
    I love Friendly Village and almost shared some of mine this week but opted for the blue instead. So you know I will be sharing mine soon. I like your different shaped teacups. I only have two and they are the same shape. What a find in the teapot and pitcher! I like your cute Friendly Village quote about blog land and it's very true. Thank you for coming to tea and enjoy your week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, blogland is a friendly village, I like that. I just pulled out my set of Friendly Village to use over the Thanksgiving holidays. I love it. I don't have any teacups or a pretty teapot, though. I just think it's a perfect pattern for this time of year. Lovely picture of the African violet, too. Happy Tea Day Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Friendly Village, Karen, and I agree that Blogland is a Friendly Village. I think this is the perfect set for Fall and Winter and you have quite the collection. I bought a tea up on eBay of the pattern recently.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely it IS!!! And, 'Friendly Village
    is one of my favourite transfer ware patterns. LOVE!!!
    Wishing you a beautiful day,
    Linda at Beautiful Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blogging friends do inhabit one big friendly village! One of my all time favorite patterns...it always makes me warm and cozy! Your table is so perfect! Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen: You are so right about the Friendly Village. Love all your transfer ware. I am sorry I have not checked on you lately. Want you to know I am still praying. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was happy to see all of your friendly village. It is a "friendly" set of dishes isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you shared these lovely dishes. The pictures are so nice and clear I can see all the detail which I appreciate. The cottage looks so charming and inviting. So glad to be visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely set, and what fun you are having collecting it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a perfect time to share your brown transferware along with others. Each pattern is a bit different. I agree on SA's prices, however, I would not have passed on the pitcher or teapot either. Great shapes. Gosh, I should have cut my mums prior to the early artic freeze.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Karen ...
    This brown transfer ware is universal and so appropriate for the season...I love your pitcher..You have everything so beautifully display...It's so very inviting.. Have a wonderful teatime in your lovely room ...Hugs

    ReplyDelete