Sunday, November 22, 2015

Gracie Chintz for Tea Time


Hello My Dear Tea Time Friends and

Welcome to

"Gracie Chintz for Tea Time!"


What do you ask your family to get you for Christmas?


Every year for my birthday, Christmas and Mother's Day I ask my family for HomeSense/Winners Gift Cards. 


This store located in Canada is similar to Ross, Marshals and TJ Max in the U.S.


Recently my sis called me to tell me that Home Sense had black Gracie Chintz teapots and guess what?


I hadn't spent my birthday, Mother's Day or  Christmas gift cards so I got exactly what I wanted!  Yay!




I had enough for two teacups, teapot and cream and sugar!!


They even match my kitchen colour theme.



Do you like Chintz china too?


Yesterday I tried a new recipe  ~ 
Raspberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars 
and thought you may enjoy it.




Raspberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars

Ingredients:

1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
(I added 3/4 cup fresh raspberries)

Method:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease 8 inch pan. 

Combine brown sugar, flour, baking soda, salt and oatmeal.
Blend with pastry blender into crumbly mixture.

Press 2 cups of mixture into pan.
Spread jam, (and chopped raspberries) within 1/4 inch of edge of pan.
Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over top.

Bake 35 - 40 minutes.  Until Golden.  
Allow to cool before cutting.

Enjoy!


Thank you for stopping by for

"Gracie Chintz for Tea Time"
(and Raspberry Oatmeal Crumble). 


See you next week Sweet Tea Friends!

Karen




This week I will be joining these beautiful blogspots:



Bernideen's ~http://blog.bernideens.com/
Bernideen's Tea Time Cottage and Garden Blog Party
Bernideen's Tea Time, Cottage and Garden Blog Party
Beverly ~http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/
Pink Saturday
Martha ~ http://www.marthasfavorites.com 
Tea on Tuesday
Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Sandi~http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.ca
No Place Like Home


Hope to see you there!





13 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful new design by Coastline that must be "hot off the press"! It is love and goes so well with your other things! A lovely table Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dishes. I am copying the recipe!! Mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, as you know, I have a mug with the saucer in that same sweet chintz pattern. I was very tempted to buy the teapot and the teacup too but I behaved myself and got only the mug set. We didn't have the sugar and creamer here. Had they carried them, I may have gotten more pieces of it because it really is pretty. I love chintz and the black I find is so different from anything else I have. I make those same raspberry squares and they are delicious! Thank you for sharing with us today and enjoy your week, my friend.

    Autumn blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pretty new china - it's always fun to see such pretty chintz with a black background. Lovely!

    As for your raspberry crumble. my husband (who hates everything, really) wants me to make it. I said something out loud when I read this and he said he's love to try it. So as soon as I am done here I may whip up a batch - thanks for the recipe and inspiration!!


    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Tea Day, Karen! I have the same the black chintz teapot and teacup! I've always been drawn to the dramatic black teawares (which are hard to find in my neck of the woods) and just couldn't resist purchasing them. Gotta love HomeSense! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the pattern will go on sale one day so I can also pick up the matching creamer and saucer. I like to save up my gift cards too and one year, I used my gift cards to purchase a pricey, variable-temperature kettle from Home Outfitters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your black chintz teacup and teapot are stunning. I love their pattern and i love to see your wonderful and romantic china. Thanks for the delicious recipe
    Hugs
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Karen,
    Oh my! I have never seen a dark chintz from Gracie before! It is stunning and how amazing that they work so well in your kitchen. Yay! They look amazing all set up for tea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new Gracie tea set is stunning, Karen! Isn't it nice to get gift cards? You can then buy what you want when you see it! Anything with raspberries is something that I love, my friend, and with oatmeal and a crumble topping...I'm swooning! Enjoy your new tea pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Karen,

    I love the idea of the gift cards to your favorite store. I must steal that idea... I love your new pretty tea set. it is very elegant and charming. And a black tea set is very hard to find. Aren't the wares from Gracie wonderful?? Your raspberry oatmeal bars look delicious.

    Wishing you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen, what a gorgeous teapot! Black chintz is one sort of teapot I don't have ... yet. (I'm all about tea!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karen, what a gorgeous teapot! Black chintz is one sort of teapot I don't have ... yet. (I'm all about tea!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The company is coming out with some pretty designs. It's sets a wonderful table! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea...bit late visiting!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete