Friday, October 21, 2016

Tranferware for Tea Time


Welcome Dear Tea Friends,

Doesn't this fall weather make you want to stay indoors and be Suzy Homemaker?



Well, yesterday was that kind of day for me.  I was busy making homemade hamburger soup, spinach and bacon bites and strawberry yogurt muffins for the family.  (My son and daughter-in-law, my gorgeous grand daughter, my daughter and her boyfriend and my eldest son, hubby and I were  having dinner together). 
Image result for pumpkin border clip art
Guess what?  Three strawberry muffins are all that's left  of my hard work.  Lol.  The baby loved my homemade soup so it was all worth it. 



I decided to use this transferware china for the family dinner because it  could go in the dishwasher...
 instead of my Royal Albert patterns that have gold trim and that I always wash by hand. 


The brown and white transferware is Wood and Sons Burslem  "Dorset."


It was in the showcase at our local Salvation Army a few months ago and I was the lucky bidder.


Do you like the teapot's shape?




There are seven place settings, platter, gravy boat, large bowl, teapot and sugar bowl; but it was missing the creamer and I was pleased to find it on etsy this week and it's in the mail.



We also had pecan tarts for dessert and there were a couple of those left for us to enjoy with our tea today.




So, lastnight I cheerfully and carefully placed the dishes  in the dishwasher and

I was so relieved that I didn't have to wash my dishes by hand.....


But at the last minute I took all of them out of the dishwasher and did just that. Washed every piece by hand.  



You never can be too careful with pretty vintage china, right?



Thank you so much for taking the time to visit today.

Image result for images of strawberry

Strawberry Yogurt Muffins Recipe 
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 c butter
1/2 white sugar
l large egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup fresh or frozen/thawed strawberries
1 cup strawberry yogurt.

Measure first 3 ingredients into a large bowl.  Stir.
Cream butter and sugar in medium bowl.  Add egg and vanilla.  Beat well.
Add strawberries and yogurt.  Stir well.  Add to flour mixture.  Stir till moistened.  Batter will be thick.  Fill 12 greased muffin cups 3/4 full.  Bake in 400 degree F oven for about 20 minutes until toothpick inserted in centre of muffin comes out clean. Makes 12 muffins. Enjoy with a cup of tea. 




Have a Wonderful Fall Weekend!

Karen


This week I will be joining these beautiful blogspots:

Bernideen's ~http://blog.bernideens.com/
Friends Sharing Tea

Beverly ~http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/
Pink Saturday

Martha ~ http://www.marthasfavorites.com 
Tea on Tuesday

Tuesday Cuppa Tea



Hope to see you there!

Image result for pumpkin border clip art


15 comments:

  1. I have become so smitten with brown transferware, Karen, and your new vintage set is beautiful. How funny that you took them all up of the dishwasher, and you decided to wash them all by hand! I'm sure your family loved your meal. Thanks for sharing your muffin recipe with us. Happy weekend to you, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your brown and white transfer ware is lovely and perfect for autumn. I do like the shape of the teapot with that ridge around the lid. Interesting! Your sweets look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phew, I was so worried when you said it was going in the dish washer,.. O No i shouted in my head...lol. It is lovely and some luck ... I wish I had seen the strawberry muffin recipe before I had some strawberries the other day... Going to write it down and make them soon... Sweet post thank you. Happy weekend with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Karen:
    How true - about being Suzie homemaker. I just put Anne of Green Gables on and thought I'd bake an Apple Pie! I love your born transferware - what a great post and your family must of loved that meal! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! I cracked up when I read that you ended up washing your lovely transferwares by hand after all. I usually handwash my tea pretties unless it's a modern piece with "Dishwasher safe" stamped on the back. I'm loving the teapot! Your thrift stores have the best stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love brown transfer ware, especially for fall. It seems so warm and cozy. Yes, fall is my favorite time for being that Suzy Homemaker, but right now my kitchen is under construction. Am really missing my fall baking. Your meal sounded delicious. And yes, we need to take care of our pretty china! Blessings, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen, oh you are very lucky to have the beautiful Dorset tea set! I have the coffee pot but would rather have the teapot! :) Your scones look delicious! Thanks for the recipe! Have a good weekend!




    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds delicious, Karen, and I know how wonderful it is to spend time with family. I made Pumpkin Soup last week. We love it, and it is always the first soup I make when we begin to get a bit of a chill in the air.

    Happy Pink Saturday. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your brown and white transferware is gorgeous and vey elegant. The tea set is very romantic as the tablescape. Your muffins look so yummy!
    HUgs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen, I love your brown and white transferware, but I don't have a single piece. I started with my blue and white addiction many years ago and have no room for any more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful beautiful tea set - what a lucky find. I have that exact little pumpkin - found it last summer at a yard sale for 50 cents - the guy selling it didn't have a price on it and said - oh it is nothing special - how about 50 cents? I said OK. It is special to me now - sitting here decorating my little table.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love to eat muffins. Tea cup and pot looks beautiful with the design on them. Beautiful color combination. The pumpkin shaped jug also looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Karen, I found you via Janice as she mentioned she made your strawberry muffins. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe. Sounds delicious and easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thin Red Rose is avalable in New England states; I order it from Amazon.com.

    ReplyDelete