Friday, July 21, 2017

A Moss Rose Tea Time


Welcome Tea Friends!

It's just starting to sprinkle so I  brought a little parasol out for you.


The wildfires are in such need of rain so I can't complain and we really have been blessed with beautiful weather this summer.


During my treasure hunting travels I have gradually  been adding to my Royal Albert Moss Rose Collection.


I found the teapot in an Antique Mall in Ferndale last year.  It was 50 percent off so how could a girl resist?




My latest find was this malvern shaped teacup at a favourite estate store in Bellingham.  



I love this teacup shape and dainty rose with greenery pattern.


This is the more familiar montrose  shape.






Last weekend hubby and I, my sister-in-law and her hubby went the the Anacortes Shipwrecked Days.  I was searching for a reasonably priced ladder to display my plants.  Thankfully my SIL Stephanie spotted this sweet two step ladder. It had never been painted and I was eager to transform it and I painted it the palest of pink.  (Sorry no before pics).



A few years ago I found the circular pale pink shabby pillows at the Shipwrecked Days too.



Thank you for your visit today!


Have a Wonderful Weekend!
Karen


This week I plan to visit these beautiful blogspots:

Bernideen's ~ http://blog.bernideens.com/
Tea in the Garden

Beverly ~ http://howsweetthesound typepad.
Pink Saturday
Ruth ~ http://antiquesandteacups.info
Tuesday Cuppa Tea


Hope to see you there!





13 comments:

  1. What a romantic tea vignette. This is the first time that I've seen RA's pretty moss rose design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how pretty this is!! Love it!!

    Charlotte Moore

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Karen:
    What a delightful teaset - truly a beautiful pattern and you have set the table up so lovely. The ladder is really sweet! Love shabby chic myself! A very pretty tea here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen!Your Teaset is absolutely gorgeous!!So so beautiful!An amazing post!Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Pink Saturday, Karen. That is such a pretty pattern, and I love the different shapes of the cups. Great find on the ladder, and you know I love the color.

    Thank you for sharing.♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful set of china... and perfect for your lovely outdoor party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tea setting is lovely today. That little step stool could be handy in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Karen, What a sweet surprise to see you Moss Rose tea setting. I bought the Moss Rose Tea Set when I was in England way back in 1973 and have added a full dinner service to it since. I'm going to have to jot down a reminder to check out that shipwreck days in Anacortes. I've never seen those other shaped tea cups in this pattern before. I like that two step ladder painted pale pink!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen, this is just gorgeous! I can see why you couldn't resist that teapot! Only after my friend gave me her Old Country Roses tea set last month did I realize how many cup shapes there are in Royal Albert.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Karen! That is a favorite pattern, and not all that easy to find, so good eye! Sounds like you are having too much for going to local fairs. Perfect for summer! I have seen the Anacortea Shipwreck Days mentioned, but we haven't managed to get there. Maybe next year. Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  11. The china is so pretty and the setting is lovely, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is simply stunning!!! And we are practically neighbors! I live in the north end of WA.

    I just found your blog today and am following

    ~ Emily from So Sunny Day

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is breathtaking...and that parasol, swoon!!

    ReplyDelete