Thursday, March 15, 2018

Busy March


Hello Sweet Tea Lovers!

I've been busy this week but anxious to share my latest project with you.


Last year we found 4 cane back chairs at Re-Store.  They were $25 each but not in perfect condition.
  

My son accidentally put his knee through one chair and another was ripped.


Handyman Hubby measured and creatively made a seat to fit in the damaged parts.


After gluing and and repairing the painting began.


I have been a long time fan of cane back chairs.

Mr. Cottage left me to the painting while he worked on his car.


I especially loved the French Provinical dainty shaped legs on these chairs.  (But too fragile for my heavy hubby. Lol.)


I started painting inside but he moved me outside when the sunshine appeared. (Much easier to see the many spots I'd missed.)


It took me all day to paint the four chairs.


Before


After

What do you think?  Do you like the result?
And do you have any projects on the go?


It's definitely time for a well-deserved cup of tea.









Yummy cookies with my tea.  Thank you my dear friend Debbie! 


Thank you for your visit today!

See you soon!
Karen


This week I plan to visit these beautiful blogspots:


Bernideen's ~ http://blog.bernideens.com/
Friends Sharing Tea
Beverly ~ http://howsweetthesound typepad.
Pink Saturday
Ruth ~ http://antiquesandteacups.info

Tuesday Cuppa Tea

Hope to see you there!


9 comments:

  1. Your refinished white chairs turned out beautifully, Karen. I'm sure the chairs will be part of my tea parties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops, I meant *many* tea parties. Although feel free to send the chairs my way when you tire of them. HA!

      Delete
  2. The result is absolutely stunning. The chairs in white are very shabby and perfect for your cozy home
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super job on the chairs. Love the white.

    Charlotte Moore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely and charming chairs!Adorable china!Hugs,dear Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, you did a wonderful job, as did Mr Cottage on making a new seat for one. Mr Delightful would have "left me to the painting," too -- he hates painting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Karen:
    You did an amazing job on those chairs - lovely! You should be so thrilled and proud of yourself. That table looks lovely. I love how light and bright it all is! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Karen ... Super job ... I always think that repurposed pieces are much more enjoyable than brand new... I mean they have such character...Of course I love everything “Old /Vintage”.... Don’t the chairs match up with your table beautifully..You rock Girl !!!! Don’t you have the most gorgeous teapots and this one is another fine example for teatime pleasure... save that cup for me ...I’ll be over in 5 minutes.... Big Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen...I just love the aqua rose Aynslet, and of course, the teapot. Such a lovely tea time in the midst of your projects. Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete