Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Old English Rose for Tea Time


Happy February Dear Tea Friends!

The sun is shining brightly and I have set the dining room table for our tea time today with Royal Albert's Old English Rose china pattern,



My dear mother had this tea set and my sweet sis inherited her teapot when we divided mom's treasures.  I was so fortunate to find this teapot for $25 at a Goodwill a few years ago so that I had one too❣


Unlike my Sadler cube collection, I use this Old English Rose teapot.  I am searching for the matching trivet and hope that someday I will find one.  (I've used a gold trimmed plate for now).


I love the rich tones of pink with the gorgeous gold rim.



Primroses make me feel like spring is coming.




Thank you for stopping by today!
See you next time!


Blessings,
Karen πŸ’




6 comments:

  1. Exquisite teapot and teacup!Adorable flowers too.Always a pleasure stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty Karen. I have a cup and saucer and dessert plate. I think that the extra wide band of gold makes it really beautiful. I love that you are still blogging. I will continue too but maybe less!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful Tea Set. Love the rose design and the gold border.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful tea set. I've always had a fondness for gold borders. And the $25 teapot is a steal!

    Years ago, I saw a $25 Paragon teapot in pristine condition at a thrift store...and I was dumb enough to leave it behind--this was one of my biggest thrifting regrets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful and delicate tea set.
    Spring is almost here and the flowers are beginning to bloom to brighten our eyes.
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  6. That china is so lovely, and all the more special because it belonged to your mother. I'm so happy you were able to find the teapot, too. Happy spring!

    ReplyDelete