Monday, November 24, 2014

More Love Story for Tea Time



Welcome Teacup Lovers to

"More Love Story for Tea Time!



A year ago I shared a pink teacup and plate that our family  calls

 "Love Story". 



http://karenscottageandcastle.blogspot.ca/2013/11/a-love-story.html 




You see, my dear father had given my loving mother the set for Christmas many years ago and he had named it this.


Sweet sis recently gave me the teapot, cream and sugar and teacup.  Isn't she a dear?


It is the most beautiful shade of turquoise blue with rich gold trim.  


Each picture tells a different love story.


Does it remind you of the Victorian era?




Now I have the blue teacup which looks so pretty with the pink one.




It is Fine Porcelain, Made in Western Germany  and marked JK  W. 










The wee gold nesting table was something that I have been searching for.






 I had been hoping to find a set of 3 but when I came across this tiny one on the weekend, for $12, how could I resist?






Thank you for joining me today for
"More Love Story for Tea Time!"



And Wishing You, Dear Friends, 

A Very Happy  and Blessed American Thanksgiving! 



See you next week!
Karen


I hope that you will also  join me at these beautiful blogspots:

Bernideen's ~http://blog.bernideens.com/
Friends Sharing Tea
Beverly ~http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/
Pink Saturday
Martha ~ http://www.marthasfavorites.com 
Tea on Tuesday
Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Sandi~http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.ca
Teatime Tuesday

13 comments:

  1. What a pretty cup and saucer...and it seems the "love story" went beyond the scenes on the cup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful, romantic and nostalgic tea set! No wonder you cherish it wih all the family history attached. And it's just plain beautiful too! Happy Thanksgiving to you and thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your father must have been a true romantic at heart to gift your mother that tea set. How beautiful! The teacups are perfect with it and I appreciate the history that goes with it all. You have some real treasures there. Thank you for sharing and joining me for tea and have a lovely week, Karen.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved seeing your home which looks very elegant traditional/Victorian. The tea set story is wonderful and you truly show it off so lovely here. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yours are the best romantic couple pieces I have ever seen. So much color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful tea set for a Love Story tea, Karen! The pieces are simply stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this tea set Karen! All the more because of the story that with it. And your home is LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What treasures! I love the scenes on them and the vibrant colors, but more importantly the story behind them! I am also loving your table, I need to find a tea table. Yours is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE all the teasets and want to steal most of your furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I have those tables. I have 3 sizes and they were from a company that did parties at your home. It was called HODA. One of the legs just broke this week. How funny to see the table on your blog. I used to use my staggered together but not now.

    I LOVE the PINK cup. I am a PINK person.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Karen, i love your tea set and your little table too. Happy thanksgiving
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! So opulent-looking. I have an old pill box with the same lady in pink skirt on it. Your sister gifted you with a beautiful set. The little table is perfect, and your home looks lovely.
    Have a Happy Thanksgiving Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a precious tea set and what wonderful memories it holds! Your home looks beautiful! Love your sofa!
    Blessings, Nancy

    ReplyDelete