Sunday, May 3, 2015

A Golden Tea


Hello My Happy Tea Friends and

Welcome to

"A Golden Tea!"


I recently moved the circular table away from the window and put this gold and burgandy loveseat in it's place.  


I have had the loveseat for many years but originally it was in the master bedroom. 


You have seen the tiny gold nesting table before. 


I bought this pretty gold-rimmed Hammersley teacup many years ago from a work friend who was parting with all of her mother-in-law's beautiful china. 


I don't know how she parted with this charming vintage cup and saucer.  









This wide rimmed gold collectible Adderley beauty was once my dear mother's.



The beautiful rose flowered pattern is also on rim of the inner cup.






I had bought the teapot for my mother-in-law but when she passed away it was returned to me.



Don't you think that gold trim on china adds such richness?



Thank you for joining me today for

"A Golden Tea!"




See you next week!



Karen

This week I will be joining these beautiful blogspots:

Bernideen's ~http://blog.bernideens.com/
Friends Sharing Tea
Beverly ~http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/
Pink Saturday
Martha ~ http://www.marthasfavorites.com 
Tea on Tuesday
Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Sandi~http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.ca
 Teacup Tuesday

Hope to see you there!





12 comments:

  1. Karen I think its all just wonderful that beautiful Teapot and lovelyTeacup. I do like the Gold its wonderful. HappyNew Week with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your golden tea time is fantastic. I love the tea cup and teapot in gold. The rose pattern is just gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen,
    There is a new antique store in Aldergrove if you even get out this way. I saw a few teacups and thought of you.
    Email me if you want any further into.
    *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  4. China trimmed with gold, and in the case of your pieces today, are so elegant looking. I think gold adds such splendor to tea things. Both of your teacups are beautiful and the teapot as well. I like your nesting table too. Thanks for joining me for tea today and thank you for your very nice comment.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kare:
    Your tea time is dripping in gold! Ha! All the pieces are so lovely there in front of the sofa and the whole effect is very calming! A lovely posting as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Tea Day, Karen! You have the golden touch when it comes to finding gorgeous teacups!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty teacups, gorgeous, gorgeous settee and damask tuffet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen: I love the tea cup your friend gave you. I am not sure I could give it away. Have a wonderful Mother's Day! You are a very special lady. Hugs, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Karen,
    Your love seat looks perfect in its new spot and the tea table is darling. I don't know how your friend got rid of that Hammersley teacup either!!! Your mother's teacup, along with your MIL's teapot, are both so beautiful. I love the gold trimmed tea that you've shared...so elegant and feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love your pretty teacups! Very elegant! I would have taken that in a flash too! And I love the loveseat. Gorgeous! Sorry I am so late responding to you visit…wild with visits and visitors…but pretty much back to normal. My iPad wouldn’t let me respond or see comments and links…sigh…ah technology!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love your pretty teacups! Very elegant! I would have taken that in a flash too! And I love the loveseat. Gorgeous! Sorry I am so late responding to you visit…wild with visits and visitors…but pretty much back to normal. My iPad wouldn’t let me respond or see comments and links…sigh…ah technology!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just lovely. I have a few minutes and am catching up.

    ReplyDelete