Sunday, November 1, 2015

Cinnamon Loaf and Tea


Hello My Lovely Tea Friends!

Welcome to 

"Cinnamon Loaf and Tea!"


I do hope you survived another Hallowe'en and are eager to begin the new month of November. 


On Hallowe'en we had a little family party.  My precious grand daughter and my now family of 8 (which keeps growing)  came over for a simple dinner of chili dogs and salad and I made my sis's awesome cinnamon loaf for dessert.
  It was a success.  The recipe made two loaves and there was barely enough left to share in my pics today.  Lol.  (The recipe is at the bottom of the post). 
Thank you Sweet Sis!!


This is my darling baby lion grand daughter on Hallowe'en Eve.
Love her to pieces!!!
Image result for images of hearts


Today I am sharing a new to me opalescent Sadler teapot and two chintz teacups that you have seen before.  Now I realize that I actually have 4 chintzy teacups.  I had forgotten about these two pretties and found them in a little cupboard. 


  
Do you know the make of the teacup?

I'm sure that Ruth at Antiques and Teacups will know.



 Yes, you guessed it ~  it's a Shelley.

Whenever I look at my Shelley teacups I think of Ruth!
antiquesandteacups.info






The other similar pastel coloured teacup is a Colclough. 


(I don't know why this keeps happening)




Love pink and yellow together!



Cinnamon Loaf Recipe

(This recipe makes 2 loaves.)

Ingredients:
1 cup Mazola or Crisco Oil
2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
a drop of vanilla
3 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk


*Mix in small bowl - three tablespoons white sugar  & one tablespoon cinnamon 

put aside

(this will be the filling for both loaves)

Method:
Mix oil and sugar.  Beat well.
Add eggs one at a time.
Mix well after each. 
Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with milk.
Spread 1/2 batter between two loaf pans.

Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over each loaf.

Blend through with a knife for marble look.

Add remaining batter over each loaf.
Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon sugar over each loaf before putting in oven to bake.

Bake at 350 degree oven for about one hour until done. 

(Before serving - butter if desired).

Thanks again Sis!



And Thank you my dear teacup friends for joining me today for 

"Cinnamon Loaf and Tea!"


And ...
Happy November!

See you next week!
Karen


This week I will be joining these beautiful blogspots:



Bernideen's ~http://blog.bernideens.com/
Bernideen's Tea Time Cottage and Garden Blog Party
Bernideen's Tea Time, Cottage and Garden Blog Party
Beverly ~http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/
Pink Saturday
Martha ~ http://www.marthasfavorites.com 
Tea on Tuesday
Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Sandi~http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.ca
No Place Like Home


Hope to see you there!





11 comments:

  1. Karen:
    Isn't it fun looking at others people's tea wares. I have the same Shelley cup and saucer. Your new to you teapot is wonderful and will match so many pieces! Sounds like a fun time and that darling granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet tea for today, Karne, but the sweetest of all is the darling picture of your little granddaughter! She is just precious!!
    Your Sadler teapot is such a classic and goes so well with all your pretty chintz teacups. Thank you for the recipe for the cinnamon loaf! It looks wonderful, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tea-cups are beautiful, Karen. And thank you for the recipe. Anything with cinnamon works for me. :) Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Karen, your little lion is adorable! She has such a sweet smile! Love the chintz and yes, I love the yellow and pink theme too. Your new Sadler is very pretty and the shape is lovely! Thanks for sharing the cinnamon loaf recipe with us. Thank you for linking up to my new party and have a splendid day.

    Autumn blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. The teapot, the tea cups are so lovely and romantic. I love pink and yellow too. Your cake looks so yummy!
    Hugs
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep...spotted the Shelley from the thumbnail! Lol! You know me well! Love your pretty table, and now you've got me started thinking about chili dogs...I think I have a pack in the freezer...guess what's for dinner tomorrow! Your bread recipe sounds wonderful...I can almost smell the cinnamon from here! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy first week of November, Karen! Your granddaughter makes an adorable lion. I survived fright night and enjoying the leftover rice krispies and goldfish crackers--I handed out "healthier" treats this year. Hee! I'm loving this week's yellow chintz teawares.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the yellow teapot with the roses on it! I never find ones that are pretty like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The yellow teapot with roses is so pretty , and accompanies the Sadler teapot well. Such a lovely table tea setting !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I forgot to mention, your little lion is a very pretty little lion cub.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable little granddaughter! You must love her to pieces! The chintz is so pretty; I've never met a Shelley I didn't like! And mmm . . . homemade cinnamon bread sounds delicious! Happy belated Tea Day Karen!

    ReplyDelete