Sunday, October 5, 2014

An October Tea Time


Welcome Dear Friends to

"An October Tea Time"!


Since this month is Breast Cancer Awareness Month I have chosen some favourite pink tea items to share.



It was so nice to see the National Football League on television tonight support October's Breast Cancer Awareness with their pink towels, pink gloves, pink football cleats and even the referees had a pink whistle!


I am using Royal Albert's Val D'Or Tea white teapot and cream and sugar which so blends so nicely with pink.





You have seen these two favourite pink teacups before.  












My dear friend, Janet (from Elementary School) visited me this week at the cottage and brought me these yummy Ginger Lemon Cream cookies.  I thought pink strawberry wafers would be nice too with your cup of tea or coffee.







Janet also brought me this sweet pink mini pumpkin. Soo perfect! 


My other dear and close friend Debbie also stayed overnight at the cottage and bought me this lovely leather change purse when she was in Italy last week. I love it!!!




I gave each of my beautiful friends a Breast Cancer pin



 and guess what else?  Yes.... you knew it,  a teacup.  A Royal Albert American Beauty teacup for sweet Janet.... to add to her collection 

PINK ROSES Tea Cup &  Saucer AMERICAN BEAUTY by ROYAL ALBERT Bone China ENGLAND

and a pretty pink rose Royal Albert teacup for sweet Debbie..... that I found at a local consignment shop.
   
ENGLISH ' ROYAL ALBERT' BONE CHINA TEACUP & SAUCER ENGLAND PINK ROSES


We sipped tea and coffee in pretty teacups and it was a memorable time together with my "bestest" old  friends!



Isn't it such fun to visit with friends, to just relax and reminisce and of course, laugh?


Let's support our lady friends with their battle with Breast Cancer this month. 


Thank you for joining me today for

"An October Tea Time!"


Forever Friends,
Karen






 I hope that you will visit these beautiful blogspots:


Bernideen's ~http://blog.bernideens.com/
Friends Sharing Tea
Martha ~ http://www.marthasfavorites.com 
Tea on Tuesday
Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Sandi~http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.ca
Teatime Tuesday



12 comments:

  1. Beautiful! The teaset is perfect because it will go with everything! I love the rose tray, and all your lovely pink china is gorgeous! I am addicted to the Carr's Ginger Creams...just can't find them often. What a very special tea with friends! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a survivor I appreciate all the attention to the BC awareness activities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen,
    I love Val'Dor because of its beautiful shape and it goes with absolutely everything. So elegant. Pretty flowers and tray too. Your teacups are lovely and I'm still looking for an American Beauty set. It's the last on my list to acquire. Love all the pink. I'm sure you and your friends had a lovely time together. Thank you for sharing with us and joining me for tea. Wishing you a fabulous week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the pink in your tea setting! The china is very romantic, the flowers are gorgoeus. What a very sweet and lovely tea with friends!
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tea things Karen. I especially like the teapot with its elegant handle. Sounds like you had a lovely time with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen: I am so happy you were able to spend time with your friend. Nothing it better than that. Love your cups today. They are some of my favorites. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely crisp white tea set! Tea is always better with a friend. Then again, everything is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty tea setting.... so lovely and inviting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pink , pink and more pink..It makes me smile at the Joy and Hope, one colour can bring into our hearts.. Your tea sets are so varied and lovely ... American beauty is one of my favourites..... How nice to spend the time with your dear friend...It just makes the ' Pink Teatime ' even more special... Your flowers are gorgeous...thank You for sharing ...Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Pink for Breast Cancer awareness! Love all your teacups.
    Visiting from Sandi's Rose Chintz Cottage Pink Tea Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Karen:
    So glad you linked - I just did this yesterday so you weren't late because I was late too! I am sorry to bring you sad memories over the cottage teapot. I will just be using these seasonally for fall and will put them away with my fall decorations. I just saw an entire set at an antique mall in Missouri but slapped my hands. I love that rose bud teacup the best today. The Royal Albert - really stunning! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to hear your sister has it! Sleep well!

    ReplyDelete