Thursday, June 13, 2013

A Day to Remember




Hello Dear Friends,
 
It has been a busy two weeks.  I have been so fortunate to have attended two retirement parties.  The first was held last week at Westwood Plateau Golf Course where all district retirees were given this beautiful cherry wood clock.  It is such a treasured keepsake.

The dinner was lovely and it was so nice to re-connect with old friends.
 
 
Tonight was my staff good-bye  at Milestones Palomino Room.  My family and friends were in attendance and it was such a special send-off.
 
 
 
 
 
I wrote my speech as a brief poem and it was an emotional time for me
 

The whole school made me this large card and all of the divisions signed their name and the older children wrote me sweet messages.




The beautiful flower bouquets were from my own family - my sons, daughter and husband.


 
They know how much I love pink flowers!






The balloons were from my staff!















 
This was a gift  from my precious staff - a long, silver necklace!
 
 
 
I will treasure it forever!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thank you for sharing this special day with me!
Karen


 

8 comments:

  1. A new chapter in your book - how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bernideen,
      Thank you so much for your comment. I think that is a lovely way to word retirement!
      Take care,
      Karen

      Delete
  2. Happy Retirement, Karen. Your celebrations will be sweet memories. I retired in January, and I love it.

    I hope you will share with us at Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beverly,
      Thank you so much for your comments. I am so happy that you are enjoying your freedom. I am busy working on report cards and I may not be able to contribute to Pink Saturday today. I don't know if the retirement blog is "pink" enough.
      Take care,
      Karen

      Delete
  3. Hi Karen,
    Looks like a wonderful time. Congrats on your retirement! Your room is gorgeous. I see a pair of pretty lusters on that mantle!
    Have a great weekend,
    Gina at Victorian Wanna Be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gina B Victorian,
      Thank you so much for your comments. I just love crystals. Those were my mothers.
      Take care,
      Karen

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your retirement. I just retired too. Looking forward to summer in a special way this year. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tricia,
      Congratulations to you too! I just love your blog about your dad. Dads are soooo wonderful! Enjoy the end of August this year! The summer will seem so much longer, won't it?
      Take care,
      Karen

      Delete